Effective Date: Last Updated August 10, 2023
Sensitive Personal Information and Confidentiality of Protected Health Information
User Consent and Use of Services
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide, such as when you email us, sign up through our site, or submit information through our site. We may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following information: your name, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, company name, date of birth, social security number, and issues we can help you with.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
We collect information about you when you use our site, including, but not limited to the following:
- Device Information. We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices you use to access our services This information may include your internet protocol (“IP”) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, internet service provider, pages that you visit and links you click on our website, and other information about how you use the website. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Location Information We may collect different types of information about your location, including the location of the mobile device or computer used to access our services derived from GPS or WiFi use, the IP address of the mobile device or computer or internet service used to access our services, and other information made available by you or others that indicate your current or prior location, such as information that you or others post indicating your location and geotag information in photographs We may use that information to customize the services with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if your IP address indicates an origin in Scottsdale, Arizona, the services may be customized with Scottsdale-specific information and advertisements. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents, vendors or advertisers. If you access the services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
- Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies. We may use the tools outlined below in order to better understand users. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
- Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information to allow us to monitor the use of our website, including aggregate statistics about site usage and response rates. Web beacons allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
- Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the website, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type into the website or mobile application. These website analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the website easier to use.
- Mobile Device Identifiers: Mobile device identifiers are data stored on your mobile device that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of personal information and traffic data. Mobile device identifiers help us learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
Information from Third Parties
Aggregate or De-identified Data
Use of Information
- To administer and perform our services;
- For process payments for our services;
- To operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer and to give each user a more personalized experience when interacting with us, including informing you of our products, programs, events, services, and promotions and/or those of third parties tailored to your individual interests and needs if you have opted in to receive such information;
- To perform business analyses, auditing, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the services, and other products and services we may now or in the future offer;
- To contact you when necessary or requested, or to inform you, if you have opted in to receive such information, of content that we think will interest you, by text, email, phone call, or other form of communication;
- To track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our services;
- To use statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- To debug, including to identify and repair technical errors that impair intended functionalities;
- To perform security functions, including to detect security breaches, protect against fraud and malicious activities, and take action against wrongdoers;
- To secure and protect the legal rights, safety or property of our users and us, our employees or agents;
- To respond to governmental authorities, including law enforcement requests, and to comply with applicable law and legal process; and
- For the purposes for which you provided the information and for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our services.
Sharing of Information
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf or to provide you with services that you request;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions; to enforce applicable user agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our services; and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities; and with your consent.
We may also share information about you in an aggregated form – that is, in a statistical or summary form that does not include any personal identifiers – with third parties.
When you supply us with personally identifiable information in connection with your use of the services, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving marketing information from us about our product and service offerings and if you would like us to share personally identifiable information about you with our affiliates, partners or other third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do choose to opt-in, you will receive such communications and/or we will share your information in accordance with your “opt-in” consent.
If you decide to contact us to change your contact preferences to opt out of receiving communications from us, please specify clearly which of the following choices you are opting out of:
(a) Receiving marketing communications from us;
(b) Allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with our affiliates and partners for their marketing purposes; and/or
(c) Allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with other third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will try to implement your requested change as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request. But your requested change will not be effective until we implement it. If you choose not to allow our sharing of your personally identifiable information, we are not responsible for removing it from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared it as of the date that we implement your request. If you want to stop receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize use any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you administrative messages. You cannot opt-out from receiving these administrative messages. We reserve the right, from time to time, to contact former customers or users of the services for administrative purposes or in order to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations.
Social Media and Third Party Platforms
Certain functions on our services may permit you to share information on third party social media sites or platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, or other similar sites We have no control over such social media sites, and posting your information on social media sites is subject to the third party’s privacy policies and other legal terms, which may not provide privacy protections with which you agree. We are not responsible for the consequences of your choosing to share your information on social media sites.
Information Storage and Security
Your Privacy Choices
How You Can Access and Update Your Information
You may update or correct information about yourself at any time or by emailing us at email@example.com
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, our services may not function properly if you do so.
Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers
If you are interested in more information about how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link or TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices Page to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs.
Even if you opt out of interest-based advertising, you may still see our advertisements that are not targeted toward you. Also, opting out does not mean that we are no longer using our tracking tools. We still may collect information about your use of the services even after you have opted out.
Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
We want to provide you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our site for third-party purposes, and that is why we have given you information about the Network Advertising Initiative’s “Consumer Opt-out” link, Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link, and TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices page. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
Our services may contain links to other websites and those websites may not follow the same privacy practices as we do. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such third parties to learn more about their privacy practices.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age without verifiable parental consent, and no part of the services is directed at persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the services. If we learn or believe that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nevada consumers who have purchased goods or services from us may opt out of the “sale” of “covered information” as such terms are defined under Nevada law. We do not engage in such activity, but if you have questions about this, please contact us at email@example.com
California Shine the Light Act
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information, if any, for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your request to our address included in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Please see Supplemental Privacy Notice for additional information regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act that may be applicable to California residents.
How to Contact Us